Welcome to the Asia Pacific Chapter
Asia Pacific Chapter of Association of Information Science and Technology (AP-ASIS&T) was established in October 2012. This regional chapter aims to facilitate personal networking among ASIS&T members located in all Asia Pacific countries.
About Our Chapter
Asia Pacific Chapter of Association of Information Science and Technology (AP-ASIS&T) was established in October 2012. This regional chapter aims to facilitate personal networking among ASIS&T members located in all Asia Pacific countries. It is also striving to contribute to their professional development and help publicize ASIS&T and its activities within the professional community in the Asia Pacific region.
The purpose of the Chapter is to provide an organization through which members of ASIS&T located within the Chapter area – Asia Pacific (see also Taiwan chapter), may participate in and carry forward the programs and purposes of ASIS&T. The Chapter shall promote the interests of the Society and its programs and shall make every reasonable effort to involve students of information science and related disciplines who are located within its boundaries.
The particular objectives of the Asia Pacific chapter are:
- to facilitate personal networking among ASIS&T members located in all Asia Pacific countries;
- to contribute to their professional development by means of meetings, continuing education programmes, special programmes, newsletter and any other appropriate form of communication and interaction;
- to establish liaison with ASIS&T officers, SIGs and other chapters with a view to facilitating the interaction between ASIS&T members in the Asia Pacific region and in other parts of the world, the effective participation of Asia Pacific members in ASIS&T activities, in particular meetings and publications;
- to help publicize ASIS&T and its activities within the professional community in the Asia Pacific region;
- to facilitate the cooperation between ASIS&T and related professional societies in the Asia Pacific region and to contribute to increased cooperation among the latter.
Conference Chairs Feicheng Ma (Wuhan University) Tina Du (University of South Australia) Dan Wu (Wuhan University) Program Chairs Jim Jansen (Qatar Computing Research Institute) Yuelin Li (Nankai University) Tingting Jiang (Wuhan University) Track Chairs Yaobin Lu (Huazhong University of Science and Technology) Xunhua Guo (Tsinghua University) Qinghua Zhu (Nanjing University) Yuxiang Zhao (Nanjing University of…
2020 ASIS&T Asia-Pacific Regional Conference represents a significant opportunity to reach an international community of computer scientists, informaticists, practitioners, and librarians engaged in the multidisciplinary and ever-evolving area of information behavior and human-computer interaction and associated issues. For more information of the conference, please check https://www.asist.org/chapters/asiapac/events/2020-regional-meeting/ Levels Platinum $8,000 Large logo and Name on website…
To be a member, one first needs to be a current member of the Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T). When completing the Membership Application Form, select the Chapter of your choice.
If you are a current ASIS&T member and affiliated with another chapter already, please send an email indicating your intention to move your affiliation to Asia Pacific Chapter to ASIS&T.
You are also welcome to join our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/asistasiapacific/.