The Leadership Development Committee shall identify and recruit individuals who have potential to be effective leaders to serve in various ASIS&T offices; design, develop and implement training and development activities to enhance the skills and abilities of current ASIS&T leaders (subject to resource constraints and board approval); assess the factors that enhance or inhibit the commitment and motivation of leaders and recommend activities to improve ASIS&T’s effectiveness in motivating superior performance from its volunteer leaders; identify and/or develop logical development paths for volunteer leaders such that subsequent appointments make use of experience gained in previous positions. Promote these development paths so that current and potential leaders are aware of opportunities for advancement within the ASIS&T volunteer organization; recommend to the Nominations Committee, the President-elect and to nominating bodies for SIGs and Chapters qualified individuals who should be considered for various ASIS&T leadership positions; evaluate the effectiveness of ASIS&T’s leadership development activities and report results to the board and the committee administers the Cretsos Leadership award and New Leaders awards.
- Emily Agunod
- Hassan Zamir, University of South Carolina
- Michael Leach, Harvard University
- Amy Wallace, California State University
- Crystal Fulton, University College Dublin
- Daniel Alemneh, University of North Texas, Chapters, Ex Officio
- Kristene Unsworth, Drexel University, SIGs, Ex Officio
- Lydia Middleton, Executive Director, Ex Officio
- Solicit nominations for and present the James M. Cretsos Leadership Award. Due Dates specified in specific award guidelines.
- Solicit nominations for and present the New Leaders Award. Due Dates specified in specific award guidelines.
- Continue the leadership development program to prepare candidates for future ASIST leadership. Due Annual Meeting.
- Share the list of New Leaders with the Incoming President to select one to work with the President for the year. Due Prior to the Annual Meeting.
- Make recommendations to Nominations committee, President Elect and nominating bodies for qualified individuals who should be considered for various ASIST leadership positions. Due January 2017.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Society’s leadership development activities, report results, and make recommendations to the Board. Due April 2017.
- Track New Leaders after they complete their two years regarding their leadership contributions to the Society. Due Annual Meeting.