Deep Text Analytics: What Is It and What Can It Do for You?
Text analytics (text mining, noun phrase extraction, auto-categorization, auto-summarization, and social media or sentiment analysis) is becoming essential to any field that utilizes or tries to understand unstructured text. To develop both practical applications and deeper research results requires the development of a text analytics platform that incorporates the integration of all of these techniques.
The workshop, based on the recent book, Deep Text: Using Text Analytics to Overcome Information Overload, Get Real Value from Social Media, and Add Big(ger) Text to Big Data, will take attendees through the entire process of creating a text analytics platform including:
- The basic analytics techniques from deep learning/machine learning to sophisticated rule building and how to integration them using a modular approach
- How to make the business case and what people and content resources are needed
- An evaluation process to select the right text analytics software for your organization.
- An iterative development process that combines entity and fact extraction with categorization and sentiment analysis to add depth and intelligence to all the components
- The range of types of applications that can be built with text analytics from advanced expertise applications to new uses of social media
Date: October 28, 2017
Time: 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm