The committee will oversee and coordinate the ASIS&T international awards and honors program, ensuring the selection and presentation of all ASIS&T awards and honors consonant with Board approved policies and procedures.
- This committee serves as the umbrella committee under which all ASIS&T international (as distinct from chapter and SIG) award juries operate. The Committee has overall responsibility for ensuring that all awardees are selected in a timely manner consistent with Board-approved award guidelines.
- Provide strategic guidance to the Board on how the Awards & Honors Program may be used to increase member value and the visibility of the organization.
Annually review criteria, guidelines, and descriptions for all awards to ensure clarity and consistency of wording as well as clearly distinguishing between awards.
- Invite (but not directly solicit) nominations for all ASIS&T International Awards.
- Ensure that juries for all awards are appointed as required by individual award guidelines.
- Ensure that all juries conclude deliberations and provide decisions to committees and to headquarters in the required timeframe.
- Note: direct solicitation of nominations, which was previously a responsibility of the Awards Nominations Subcommittee, will be distributed to the appropriate committee for which it is relevant.
- Other duties as assigned through the annual committee charge.