In order to provide guidance in the design of educational programs to ASIS&T, academia, and individuals, the committee shall determine the educational needs of information professionals. Educational needs identified should address the knowledge and skills needed by entry-level and experienced information professionals, for all likely career paths whether public or private, research or applications. Needs should be re-evaluated as changes in the environment merit. The committee shall recommend to the Board guidelines for information science education and activities that should be pursued to enact said guidelines. The committee administers the Clarivate Analytics Information Science Teacher of the Year Award, Clarivate Analytics Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Scholarship, Proquest Doctoral Dissertation Award, and the Pratt Severn Best Student Research Paper Award.
- Virginia Dressler, Kent State University
- Alison Hicks, University of Boras
- Bill Kules, PhD, University of Maryland
- Pei-Yi Kuo, Northwestern University
- Elizabeth Lieutenant, Quality Information Partners, Inc.
- Louis Spinelli, University of Washington
- Elisabeth Shook, Vanderbilt University
- Diane Velasquez, PhD, University of South Australia
- Akhilesh Yadav, PhD, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- DeVonne Parks, ASIS&T, Staff Liaison