The Executive Committee makes decisions and takes action on behalf of the Association between the regular meetings of the Board of Directors.
2018-19 Committee Members
Chair: Elaine Toms, PhD | President | University of Sheffield
- June Abbas, PhD | Treasurer | University of Oklahoma
- Clara Chu, PhD | President-Elect | University of Illinois
- Lisa Given, PhD | Immediate Past President | Swinburne Univ. of Technology
- Heather O’Brien, PhD | University of Vancouver, BC
- Lydia Middleton, MBA, CAE | Executive Director | Ex Officio
- The Executive Committee oversees the operations of the Executive Director and staff, administers such functions and exercises such powers as the Board of Directors specifically delegates to the committee, and has all the powers of the board to transact business of an emergency nature when the board is not in session.
- The Executive Committee conducts, in a timely and effective manner, the performance review of the Executive Director and, through the Executive Director, of the headquarters staff.
- The Executive Committee serves as the Compensation Committee of the Board.
- The Executive Committee serves as the Constitution and Bylaws Committee of the Board.
- The Executive Committee serves as the Budget and Finance Committee of the Board. In this capacity the Treasurer assumes the Chair.
- The Executive Committee serves as a sounding board for the Executive Director in all matters pertaining to the operation of the Association.
The ASIS&T community is committed to the values of diversity and inclusion, which we believe support our efforts to achieve and sustain excellence in the information science and technology field. We believe that we can best promote excellence by engaging diverse group members and other stakeholders, and providing opportunities at all levels of engagement for any individual or group that shares these values. ASIS&T leaders, volunteers, and staff will strive to keep diversity and inclusion at the forefront of all program planning and development efforts in order to ensure the most welcoming and engaging environment possible for our stakeholders.