What is the registration process like?
ASIS&T uses GoToMeetings for all of its webinars. When you register at ASIS&T for a webinar, you’ll use a specific link to register at GoToMeetings. Once ASIS&T approves your registration (and processes your payment if you’re not a member), GoToMeetings will email you an invitation with detailed instructions about how to access the webinar.
Are webinars free?
For ASIS&T members, yes, almost all webinars are free. Non-members typically pay $15-$25 per webinar. The minimum cost to host a webinar for your ASIS&T chapter or SIG is $50. For more information, please contact Stephan.
Can I become a member and register for free?
Absolutely! We love new members! Once you become a member, you’ll be able to login to the ASIS&T website and click on the member link.
How long do webinars usually last?
Presentations are usually 45-50 minutes with a 10 minute Q&A session.
Can I ask questions?
Yes, you may type your questions any time during the webinar. The presenter(s) will choose the questions they’ll answer for a 10-15 minute Q&A session after the presentation.
Can I use a PC, MAC, iPhone or Android device?
Yes, you can use a PC, MAC or any mobile device (GoToMeeting app download required). Please review these system requirements before your webinar.
To convert wmv files to mp4 for mac users, we recommend downloading this program http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html.
Will I have access to the webinar after it’s over?
Yes! The webinar recording and presentation slides will be emailed to you within 1-2 business days after the live webinar and will be added to the webinar page on the ASIS&T website. Once you’ve logged into the ASIS&T website, you’ll have access to all the webinars.
How to Host a Webinar
Do you want to host your own webinar? Great! Please fill out and submit this form and we’ll contact you.
- Once we receive your submission, we will contact you regarding scheduling, fees and expenses;
- Presentation times are scheduled between 10:00am and 4:00pm (EST/EDT), on normal business days (Monday-Friday);
- Scheduling is on a first come first serve basis and is dependant on our availability, but we will do our best to accommodate your requested date and time;
- 45-50 minute presentation with 10 minutes Q&A;
- No proprietary information;
- Emphasis on education, no sales pitches allowed;
- Webinars are recorded and available for future viewing;
- Webinar hosts must be available for a dry run 1-2 days prior to the presentation;
- Webinar hosts must be available to call in from a landline phone in a quiet room at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar start.