2016 ASIS&T Annual Meeting
In keeping with our continuing efforts to make ASIS&T a truly international organization, the 2016 Annual Meeting held October 14-18 was the first conducted outside North America. With 424 attendees from 37 countries, it was large, lively and informative. As usual, it included, in addition to the main program, an array of pre-conference symposia and a celebration of the achievements of our members, who are recognized through a variety of awards and, in some cases, competitions.
Meeting coverage in this issue began in Inside ASIS&T with the ASIS&T Awards presentations and a number of reports presenting members’ views about the meeting itself. Extensive coverage of the substance of the meeting is here in this special section.
This special Annual Meeting section includes reports on
- three pre-conference events (SIG/USE, SIG/MET and the Theory Development Workshop)
- the two plenary sessions
- two sessions on information science in Europe
In addition, four individuals who were honored by the Association with prestigious ASIS&T Annual Awards have written articles for your enjoyment:
- Reijo Savolainen, Research in Information Science Award
- Adam Worrall, Jim Cretsos Leadership Award
- Lisa Nathan, Outstanding Information Science Teacher Award
- Olubukola Oduntan, top winner of the first ASIS&T Doctoral Student Research Video competition.
Can we include your session or workshop in our coverage next year? Spread the wealth. We are always eager to provide a wider audience for your efforts and very grateful to our many contributors to this year’s special section.
Bulletin of the Association for Information Science and Technology