The Awards and Honors Committee shall assist the Board of Directors by formulating, reviewing, evaluating and updating for board approval (1) policies for sponsoring awards and honors and (2) guidelines defining these awards and honors. The committee shall oversee and coordinate the ASIS&T awards and honors program ensuring the selection and presentation of all ASIS&T awards and honors consonant with board approved policies and procedures. The following are the subcommittees of the Awards & Honors Committee: Awards Nominations Subcommittee & Award Jury Selection Subcommittee.
Co-Chair: Ken Fleischmann, PhD, University of Texas at Austin
Co-Chair: Michelle Kazmer, PhD, Florida State University
Board Liaison: Abebe Rorissa, PhD, University at Albany, SUNY
Denise Agosto, PhD, Drexel University
Laura Anderson, PhD, IBM Research
Theresa Anderson, PhD, University of Technology, Sydney
Katriina Bystrom, PhD, Oslo and Akershus University
Anita Komlodi, PhD, University of Maryland, Baltimore Campus
Robert Sandusky, PhD, University of Illinois Chicago
Lydia Middleton, ASIS&T Executive Director, Staff Liaison
- Review criteria and descriptions for all awards to ensure clarity and consistency of wording as well as clearly distinguishing between awards.
- Solicit nominations for and administer the Award of Merit, Research, Best JASIST Paper & Best Information Science Book Awards.
- Solicit nominations for all ASIST awards. Special postings to ASIST and Non-ASIST e-mail lists for individual awards or groups of awards are encouraged. Solicit nominations for awards presented by other groups for which ASIST members could be nominated.
- Ensure that juries for all awards, including, but not limited to, those under this committee’s jurisdiction, are appointed as required.
- Ensure that all juries conclude deliberations and provide decisions to committees and to headquarters in the required timeframe.
- Suggest revisions to awards guidelines as appropriate.
- Propose how this committee could work if ALL awards were consolidated under the Awards & Honors Committee (e.g., what would be the optimal structure of the committee).