The goal of the ASIS&T Membership Committee is to attract and retain members by ensuring that the Association satisfies their needs and expectations. The Membership Committee shall engage in ongoing activities to determine the needs and expectations of members. It plans, develop, and evaluates methods of satisfying member needs and expectations and recommends such programs to the board and headquarters for approval within the constraints of available resources. The committee also evaluates the effectiveness of activities implemented to achieve this purpose. This should include a quantified and qualitative assessment of what services and/or programs are desired by the members and prospective members. The committee also is responsible for selection and presentation of the Watson Davis Award.
Chair: Naresh Agarwal, Simmons College
Board Liaison: Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan, IRSIC – Aix-Marseille University
- Tricia Bradshaw
- Bill Edgar, Missouri State University
- Md Anwarul Islam, University of Dhaka
- Michael Leach, Harvard University
- Karen Miller, University of South Carolina
- Anne Pepitone, University of Washington
- Heather Pfeiffer
- Iris Xie, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
- Daniel Alemneh, University of North Texas, Chapter Assembly, Ex Officio
- Kristene Unsworth, Drexel University, SIG Cabinet, Ex Officio
- Lydia Middleton, Executive Director, Ex Officio
- Solicit nominations for and present the Watson Davis Award. Due Dates specified in specific award guidelines.
- Continue to take responsibility for new member and first conference attendee activities at national meetings, including new member identification and new member reception. Due Annual Meeting,
- Work with the Board and Executive Director to develop an expanded campaign to recruit personal and institutional members taking advantage of name change to ASIST. Advise in development of profile for target personal and institutional members. Advise in identification of key differentiators for ASIST membership. Due Ongoing
- Work with Board and Executive Director to recruit those persons involved with ASIST (publishing in Bulletin, JASIST, Proceedings, ARIST; attending annual meeting or summits; attending SIG or Chapter meetings, and so on) but who are not members. Due Ongoing
- Continue to develop strategies for recruiting those persons involved with ASIST (e.g. attending webinars, publishing in Bulletin, JASIST, Proceedings; attending annual meeting or summits; attending SIG or Chapter meetings, and so on) but who are not members. Due January 2017.
- Review and revise, if necessary (based on new events, etc.), the value proposition statements for ASIST membership relating to various membership categories (student members, academic members, professional members, institutional members etc). Due for posting on the ASIST website March 2017.
- Continue to make recommendations to the Board for strategies for increasing ASIST membership in particular by professionals and for increasing the membership renewal of student members post graduation. Due March 2017.
- Identify and recommend strategies for increasing ASIST membership, in particular for recruiting and retaining information professionals and for increasing the membership and renewal of student members post graduation, and assist in implementation. Due December 2017.
- Work with the International Relations Committee on international membership recruitment and retention, including organizing local events and workshops. Due Ongoing.