The goal of the ASIS&T Membership Committee is to attract and retain members by ensuring that the Association satisfies their needs and expectations. The Membership Committee shall engage in ongoing activities to determine the needs and expectations of members. It plans, develop, and evaluates methods of satisfying member needs and expectations and recommends such programs to the board and headquarters for approval within the constraints of available resources. The committee also evaluates the effectiveness of activities implemented to achieve this purpose. This should include a quantified and qualitative assessment of what services and/or programs are desired by the members and prospective members. The committee also is responsible for selection and presentation of the Watson Davis Award.
Co-Chair: Becky Willson, PhD, University of Strathclyde
Co-Chair: Brian Detlor, PhD, McMaster University
Board Liaison: Soo Young Rieh, PhD, University of Michigan
- Naresh Agarwal, PhD, Simmons College SLIS
- Ann Graf, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Deanna Hall, Corp. Info. Resources, Inc.
- Michael Hohner, University of Winnipeg Library
- MD Anwarul Islam, PhD, University of Dhaka
- Karen Miller, University of South Carolina
- Anne Pepitone, University of Washington
- Iris Xie, PhD, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Lydia Middleton, ASIS&T Executive Director, Ex Officio
- Rodneikka Scott, ASIS&T, Staff Liason