The Standards Committee shall advise the Board of Directors and shall represent the Association's interest in matters pertaining to standards. It shall actively identify potential new standards needed by the information community and shall take the necessary steps to initiate development of such needed standards with the appropriate organizations. The Chair, after consultation with the full committee, may vote or comment in accordance with the majority opinion of the committee in the name of the Association on all proposed standards submitted by organizations with which the Association affiliates. All such action and comment must be promptly reported to the Board of Directors; actions and comments proposed should be reported to the board in advance whenever possible.
Co-Chair: Mark Needleman
Co-Chair: Timothy Dickey
Board Liaison: Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan, IRSIC – Aix-Marseille University
- Gail Hodge, Information International Associates
- Marge Hlava, Access Innovations
- Betty Landesman, University of Baltimore
- Krystna Matusiak, University of Denver
- Dorothy McGarry, University of California, Los Angeles
- Gail Thornburg, OCLC
- Marcia Zeng, Kent State University
- Lydia Middleton, Executive Director, Ex Oficio
- Continue to serve as the ASIST representative to the National Information Standards Organization (NISO), to represent ASIST interests in the standards development process. Due Ongoing.
- Continue to identify areas where new standards may be needed, and recommend their development to appropriate standards-making bodies. Due Ongoing.
- Prepare at least one article for distribution to members via the Bulletin on standards activities related to ASIST members. Due Refer to Editor of the Bulletin for issue due dates.
- Sponsor, or co-sponsor, a session on ASIS&T-related standards at the ASIS&T annual meeting, or ensure that one or more sessions on standards are being offered by other groups. Due Refer to annual meeting Program Chair.