Fellows will have been emailed a link with the Zoom information for joining the onboarding meetings.
May 25, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- Introduction, Overview, Getting Acquainted
June 1, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. ET
- AI and Libraries
June 8, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- Python Basics
June 15, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- Statistical Lens for Machine Learning
Week of June 21st
- Same 60 minute discussion will be held twice so that all can attend.
June 29, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- Introduction to UX-Human/AI Interaction
2021 IDEA Institute
The institute will be held from July 10, 2021 to July 16, 2021.
Further schedule details will be provided in June.
- The College of Communication and Information is located at 302 Communications, 1345 Circle Park Drive Knoxville, TN 37996.
- A University of Tennessee campus map can be found here. Take the UTK and SIS virtual tours.
- Directions from Cumberland House, the Institute hotel, to the College of Communication and Information can be found here.
- Institute participants who need to park on campus should stop by the Visitor's Booth on Circle Park and pay for parking, priced at $5/day. Closer to the event dates, information will be provided on where to park. Parking meters are also available.
- The 2021 hotel is the Cumberland House located on 1109 White Ave, Knoxville, TN 37916.
- Reservations for single, king-sized rooms have been made for all IMLS-funded fellows. The hotel will bill our business office in CICS directly. Please do not book your own hotel as reimbursements may not be processed.
- You are welcome to make your own hotel reservation. Cumberland House is the designated Institute Hotel, and it charges a government rate for the University of Tennessee, along with the hotels listed below. If you need help with booking one of these hotels, please contact Claudia Gutierrez and/or Dr. Dania Bilal.
- Cumberland House Knoxville1109 White Avenue, Knoxville, TNApprox. 15-minute email@example.com(865) 971-4663
- Graduate Knoxville Hotel1706 Cumberland Ave, Knoxville, TNApprox. 10-minute firstname.lastname@example.org