During the 2022 Institute, we highly recommend that vaccinated and unvaccinated persons continue to wear masks in all indoor public spaces. Individuals who are immunocompromised or at high risk should continue to take precautions. The University encourages visitors to screen for symptoms before arriving on campus using the COVID-19 Screening Tool or other methods.
Please do NOT attend an event if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19. Immediately report to the event organizers if you think you attended an event while sick or potentially exposed to COVID-19.
The University’s COVID-19 guidelines are found Protect Texas Together. UT’s masking guidance aligns with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Pre-Institute Onboarding Program
Fellows will spend about 10-15 hours on activities during the onboarding period. Zoom will be Please note that the listed times are in the Eastern time zone. All sessions will be synchronous. For those who cannot attend a synchronous Zoom session, the sessions will be recorded and as appropriate, a separate activity may be required.
April 4, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- Introduction, Overview, Getting Acquainted
April 11, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- Introduction to UX-Human/AI Interaction
April 18, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- Python Basics
April 25, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. ET
- Python for Machine Learning
May 2, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. ET
- APIs and Bibliometrics
May 9, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. ET
- Machine Learning Projects in Libraries - Discussion and Exercise
The institute will be held from July 10, 2022 to July 15, 2022. Further schedule details will be provided in June.
The University of Texas at Austin - School of Information
The Institute will be held in the School of Information's classroom UTA 5.522, on the 5th floor of the building
- The School of Information, also known as the UT Administration Building, is located at 1616 Guadalupe St, Suite #5.202, Austin, TX 78701.
- The University of Texas at Austin campus map can be found Main Campus Map.
- Directions from the Institute hotel (Hilton Garden Inn - Austin University Capitol District) to the School of Information can be found Google Map.
- Visitors are advised to park in the Guadalupe Garage (GUG). No permit is required to park in the GUG. Fees are calculated based on the amount of time you are in the garage. Garage daily parking rates can be found Garage Daily Parking Rates. The current rate is $18 per day.
- Explore Austin’s top attractions
- Find Austin’s restaurants Best Dinning in Austin
Lodging: Institute Hotel
- The 2022 hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn - Austin University Capitol District located at 301 W 17th St, Austin, TX 78701. Reservations for single, king-sized rooms have been made for all IMLS-funded fellows. Please do not book your own hotel as reimbursements may not be processed.
- Lodging will be arranged for you at the Hilton Garden Inn - Austin University Capitol District (Institute Hotel) at a group rate ($115 per night + tax), unless you notify Yujin Choi by May 15.