- led the creation of the Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T) Special Interest Group (SIG) on Artificial Intelligence (SIG AI). https://www.asist.org/sig/sigai/
- ASIS&T 2021 Workshop at the Annual Conference, October 30-November 2, 2021 (sponsored by ASIS&T SIG AI). https://asistaiworkshop.web.illinois.edu/
- "Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Libraries: From Training to Innovation," American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference and Exhibition, June 23-28, 2022.
Conference presentations / Webinars
- Rieh, Soo Young. "Artificial Intelligence and Librarianship," National Assembly Library of Korea, April 8, 2021.
- "Educating the Next Generation of AI Leaders in Libraries: IDEA Institute on AI" (presented on May 19, 2021), Lebanese Library Association (LLA) 2021 Conference (May 18-20, 2021).
- Chu, Clara M. "Educando a la próxima generación de líderes en inteligencia artificial en bibliotecas:
Instituto IDEA sobre inteligencia artificial," IV Congreso de Estudios de la Información | UNAM/U. de Buenos Aires/U. de Coimbra | 2021.09.20.
- "Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Libraries: Training for Innovation," Naseej Academy Webinar, December 8, 2021. <slides>
- AI Education in iSchools: Reshaping the Curricula for an Equitable and Inclusive Information Landscape," iConference 2022 (Virtual), February 28-March 4, 2022.
- "The Shift: Transforming Libraries through Artificial Intelligence," Tennessee Library Association 2022 Conference; April 12-14, 2022.