Call for Nominations for Social Media Membership Award
The ASIS&T Special Interest Group Social Media (SIG-SM) is pleased to announce ‘Social Media Membership Award’ to sponsor the information professionals and students who are interested or working in the domain of Social Media. This award is specifically developed/designed to encourage diversity in ASIS&T and facilitate information professionals and students from developing economies and economies in transition through ASIS&T complimentary memberships. We are soliciting nominations of candidates for the Social Media Membership Award.
There will be two awardees including one from graduate studentsand other from information professionals group. Each awardee will work with a mentor from SIG-SM Board and assist him/her to organize webinars and events. Awardees will be decided by a vote of SIG-SM officers. All curriculum vitae will be kept private, accessible only to SIG-SM officers.
Please nominate yourself or your colleague working in Social Media domain with the following document no later than August 31, 2019:
- one-page curriculum vitae
- one-page description of your suitability for this award including willingness collaborate with ASIS&T and the SIG-SM of ASIS&T
Each membership award will be for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year if the new member proves to be a strong advocate for ASIS&T and the SIG-SM of ASIS&T in their home country during the course of the year. Awardees will be asked to submit a report on their activities by next year’s Annual Meeting, which may include, but are not limited to:
- sharing ASIS&T publications that they receive (the Bulletin of ASIS&T and JASIS&T) with other colleagues
- serving as a contact/coordinator for ASIS&T and SIG-SM members traveling to their area who may be able to speak about ASIS&T, SIG-SM, and information science
- having the ability to strengthen the relationships between ASIS&T, SIG-SM and the national/regional organizations, and
- supporting lectures on Social Media topics in their area on behalf of ASIS&T
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2019
For your eligibility please consult the following link for the list of developing economies and economies in transition: https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/policy/wesp/wesp_current/2014wesp_country_classification.pdf
We look forward to welcoming new members to the SIG-SM of ASIS&T from across the globe, especially from countries that have never been ASIS&T members or have limited ASIS&T membership. Women, minority, and candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Please send your nominations of deserving candidates to Dr. Nosheen Warraich
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Nosheen Warraich as well.
SIG Social Media