See this page in your own language: Arabic العربية | Bangla বাংলা | Croatian | Dhivehi | French Français | German Deutsch | Gujarati ગુજરાતી | Hawaiian ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi | Hindi हिन्दी | Italian Italiano | Japanese 日本語 | Kannada ಕನ್ನಡ | Malayalam മലയാളം | Nepali नेपाली | Odia ଓଡ଼ିଆ | Persian فارسی | Sinhala සිංහල | Spanish Español | Swahili | Tamil தமிழ் | Tibetan བོད་སྐད་ | Urdu اردو
The Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) is the only professional association that bridges the gap between information science practice and research. For nearly 85 years, ASIS&T has been leading the search for new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information.
Our members—thousands of researchers, developers, practitioners, students, and professors in the field of information science and technology from 50 countries around the world—have made ASIS&T an important part of their professional development.
Members share a common interest in improving the ways society stores, retrieves, analyzes, manages, archives and disseminates information.
The vision of the Association – a community of researchers and practitioners – is to be the preeminent global voice of information science and technology research and its implications for practice.
The mission of the Association is to advance research and practice in information science and technology.
ASIS&T is a global community that values:
- Interdisciplinarity, because the information issues and solutions addressed by ASIS&T must be informed by expertise from various disciplines;
- Knowledge sharing by providing opportunities to present, communicate, and publish research discoveries in information science, because diffusion of knowledge benefits the association and society at large;
- Lifelong learning to increase knowledge within information science and technology, among individuals, society, and the world;
- Equity, diversity and inclusion to ensure that a range of voices advance information science and technology research and practice around the world;
- The impact that information science and technology has on individuals, communities, cultures, and societies at large; and,
- A community of researchers and practitioners with interests in advancing information science and technology;
- Open access, while recognizing the need to balance open access with the financial considerations of the Association and the benefits of membership.
As the preeminent professional association in the field, ASIS&T:
- Provides career development and leadership opportunities through our student chapters and regional chapters
- Connects practitioners, researchers, students, and organizations from throughout the field through special interest groups and at annual events.
- Edits, publishes, and disseminates publications concerning research and development
- Shares important professional education through webinars
- Acts as a sounding board for promotion of research and development and for the education of information professionals
- Networking opportunities through the ASIS&T Community
ASIS&T members represent such fields as:
- Information science
- Computer science