Proposing & Hosting a Regional Meeting
In addition to its Annual Meeting held in October/November each year, ASIS&T and its members host various meetings around the world throughout the year. There are two types of meetings hosted by ASIS&T throughout the year: Chapter Meetings and Regional Meetings.
The primary distinction between Chapter and Regional meetings is that Chapter Meetings are planned and run entirely by the Chapter, though they may ask ASIS&T HQ for help on marketing and registration. Regional Meetings are planned jointly by a local host committee and ASIS&T HQ and run primarily by ASIS&T HQ.
ASIS&T strongly encourages its members to consider hosting a Regional Meeting and invites proposals for that purpose (see submission link below).
The following matrix describes the distinction of responsibilities between local hosts and ASIS&T HQ as it relates to Regional Meeting support.
Additional Regional Meeting guidelines include:
- If a local chapter exists, it will be recognized as an in-kind sponsor of the Regional Meeting taking place in its area.
- ASIS&T staff time (both pre-meeting, travel to and on-site) will be accounted for in any Regional Meeting budget.
- Regional Meeting will not be budgeted at less than break-even.
- Regional Meeting may not be promoted until an agreement on registration fees has been reached between the local representatives and ASIS&T HQ.
- ASIS&T HQ may be able to provide a conference submissions portal for use by the planning committee. This can be negotiated as it may have a budgetary impact.
- All local planning committee members must be current members of ASIS&T.
- ASIS&T HQ will provide conference/video call facilities for planning coordination.
- ASIS&T HQ will create a unique web page and registration portal for all regional meetings.
- All materials generated in the meeting planning process should be loaded to the relevant ASIS&T Community.
How to Host a Regional Meeting
ASIS&T invites its members to consider hosting a regional meeting. If you would like to do so, please follow the link below to submit a proposal: