The Association for Information Science & Technology, New England Chapter (NEASIS&T) is pleased to announce two conference support awards for participation in the ASIS&T Annual Meeting, which will be held virtually this year. Our goals are to support scholarship and connect research and practice, bringing new voices to the chapter. There is one student award and one practitioner award. Each award will support your year-long membership in ASIS&T as well as your conference registration for the 2020 ASIS&T Annual Meeting; enrollment fees for pre/post-meeting workshops and tutorials may also be covered in whole, or in part, up to the award limit. The award will come in the form of a reimbursement with submission of receipts after the conclusion of the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. There is a reimbursement limit of $800 for each award.
The Annual Meeting will be focused on the theme of “information for a sustainable world.” For more information, you can visit the Annual Meeting webpage. It is still about 5 months out from the Annual Meeting, so the registration costs and programming schedule have not been fixed yet.
Benefits of ASIS&T membership include:
- Membership in our New England regional chapter
- Mentorship and networking with experienced NEASIS&T members
- Opportunities to build professional skills (including project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
- Discounted conference registration for ASIS&T and NEASIS&T events
- Webinars (free to ASIS&T members!) and discounts on other publications
- A year’s subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
Eligibility & Applications
Applicants must be either current graduate students (current students in their last semester of their program are still eligible) or practitioners in the field of information science at the time of their application and living and/or working in New England (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, or CT). We define information science broadly: librarians, archivists, data/knowledge managers, library and information science faculty, information architects, web developers, etc., are all encouraged to apply. Previous NEASIS&T travel award recipients are not eligible. Applicants do not need to be current NEASIS&T members. However, the award winner is expected to participate (in person or remotely) in some NEASIS&T programming activities in 2020-21 (see Terms of Awards below).
Application deadline extended to June 22, 2020.
Application link: https://forms.gle/FRkrX9h9EcvFefjf7
Terms of Awards
Each award winner will be welcomed into our New England regional chapter by participating in events in person or remotely. As a conference support award winner, you will:
- Participate in one other NEASIS&T meeting or (virtual) event between July 1, 2020 and October 23, 2020.
- Share your conference experience with the NEASIS&T chapter via a blog post due December 1, 2020.
- Share your conference experience at a NEASIS&T meeting (virtually) held between November 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021.
- Review award applications for the 2021 Awards. This is typically done online in a short meeting in April of the award year.
- Submit receipts documenting membership and conference registration expenses.
*If the winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NEASIS&T should be notified immediately.
**If the winner cannot attend the 2020 ASIS&T Annual Meeting, they will forfeit the entirety of the award.
Questions? Contact Louisa Choy at email@example.com