October 2020 Governance Update
The Board of Directors met on July 15, 2020 via video conference. In attendance were Clara Chu (President); Brian Detlor (President-Elect); Ina Fourie (Treasurer); Emily Knox; Agnes Mainka; Soo Young Rieh; Ana Maria Tammaro; James Andrews (SIG Cabinet Chair); Michael Olsson (Chapter Cabinet Director); Lydia Middleton (Executive Director); and Steve Hardin (Parliamentarian). Michael Buckland was also in attendance as chair of the History Committee.
The consent agenda, which was approved included the following:
- Draft Minutes of August 19 2020 Board Meeting
- August 2020 Financial Statement
- August 2020 Membership Report
- August 2020 Merrill Lynch Investment Report
- ED Report
ASIS&T President Clara Chu reported on the following items:
- The D&I Task Force is concluding its work and the report will be available for Board discussion at the next meeting.
- The JASIST Editor search is in progress but somewhat delayed in order to solicit more candidates.
SIG Cabinet Update
James Andrews reported the following:
- Elections are underway for the next round of SIG leadership as well as the Deputy Director and Steering Committee members.
- SIG Award selection is complete
Chapter Assembly Update
Michael Olsson reported the following:
- Elections are underway for the next round of Chapter leadership
- Chapter Award selection is complete
Committee liaisons updated the Board on the work of the committees for which they are liaisons. Board members were reminded that the liaison roll will turn over in November for those Board members leaving the Board.
Michael Olsson and Lydia Middleton presented the revised Chapter Manual for approval. Clara Chu asked that clarity be added to the chapter member criteria to include that ASIS&T membership is required to be a chapter member. The revised manual was approved.
Jim Andrews and Lydia Middleton presented the revised SIG Manual for approval. The revised SIG manual was approved.
Next Board Meeting
The next meeting of the Board, its final meeting in this Board cycle, will be held as follows:
Monday, 12 October, 2020
8 - 11 am EDT
Via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82654771020
All current members of ASIS&T are welcome to attend as observers without voice or vote.