ASIS&T Student Member Video Contest
What "Information Science" Means to Me
For 84 years, ASIS&T researchers and practitioners, along with those from related fields, have been pushing advancements in information understanding, technology, and use, making substantial progress and contributions. Our members have been at the forefront of improving the ways society stores, retrieves, analyzes, manages, archives and disseminates information. We invite all ASIS&T Student Members to submit a brief video about what Information Science means to you.
Some questions to consider in answering include:
- Someone asks you at a party what you are studying and why. What’s your answer?
- Why is understanding information important?
- Why did you join ASIS&T and how does it help you in pursuit of your interest in Information Science?
Video submissions will be due by September 22 at 11:59 PM EDT. Voting will take place from October 1-October 15. The winner will be announced at this year's Annual Meeting and will have their video featured on the ASIS&T website, though all video submissions will be posted to the site.
Current ASIS&T Student Members
- Your video should be between 1-2 minutes answering the question: What does "Information Science" Mean to Me?
- Style: Whatever you choose. You can use animation, or just simply record yourself explaining what Information Science means to you. We want you to have free rein to create your video since we know that information can be articulated through a multitude of formats.
- Format: All videos should be entered in digital format, this is our only preference.
- Video resolution should be at least 480p.
- You can submit your video in languages other than English but we ask that you include English subtitles in your video if it is not in English.
- We ask that you do not use copyrighted music, photos, or videos.
Terms and Conditions:
- All submissions will become the property of ASIS&T and may be featured on our website or in marketing material. By submitting your video you release all materials to be used by ASIS&T for promotional and marketing reasons.
Please email all video submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 22 at 11:59 PM EDT. Please include your video submission with the subject line “What Information Science Means to Me 2021”. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com.