SIG AH is pleased to announce the call for nominations for officers for the 2021-22 year. We are seeking candidates for the open positions of Chair, Chair-Elect, Secretary/Treasurer, and Social Media – Communications Officer. The SIG AH Committee service is a wonderful opportunity to help drive research and scholarship in information science and technology, combined with arts & humanities. The efforts of this SIG are open to the global association membership and support the future of information science and technology. SIG AH offers strong networking opportunities within a smaller segment of the international ASIS&T level.
Take this opportunity to join the leadership of SIG AH and help us continue to develop our interdisciplinary future. Committee service is a chance to develop skills, enhance professional experience and network with a team of other arts and humanities-focused information professionals.
The SIG AH Chair’s specific responsibilities are the following:
- Provide leadership that assures all SIG members derive benefits from their participation in the SIG. This should include, but not be limited to, regular communication with SIG members and substantive programming.
- Serve as default Cabinet Representative for the SIG.
- Submit the Annual Report and Annual Budget (in conjunction with the treasurer or secretary/treasurer, if the office exists).
- Manage SIG affairs, including chairing the annual planning meeting and providing accurate minutes of all SIG meetings to Headquarters and to the SIG Cabinet Director.
- Appoint chairs and members of SIG committees.
- Serve as chair of the SIG’s nominating committee.
The SIG’s Chair-elect, who automatically becomes Chair in the following year, has the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Chair in planning and executing SIG programs
- Serve as the default Alternate SIG Cabinet Representative.
- Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Chair in the event of the Chair’s absence, resignation, or removal from office.
- Assume the primary responsibility for planning the SIG’s programs during the year, including the technical sessions to be proposed for the following Annual Meeting.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the officer’s roster for the year he/she will serve as Chair is sent to the Cabinet Director and Headquarters immediately following elections.
The Secretary position, elected for a one- or two-year term. This will depend on the person/s running for this position. This position supports the documentation of meeting minutes and other documents as needed. Responsibilities include the following:
- Keeping records of all meetings and correspondence to members
- Assisting in making logistical arrangements for SIG meetings and activities.
The Communications Officer carries out one of the most important functions of SIG AH, communicating with members. Responsibilities include the following:
- Be in regular contact with the membership to solicit information for the newsletter, iConnect, Twitter, Facebook page, or any regular communication channel(s) used by SIG AH.
- Be familiar with the subject area and understand the procedures and mechanisms of using ASIS&T-owned/sanctioned channels with the assistance of Headquarters.
Interested volunteers who wish to serve on this committee should send their interest to the SIG AH Chair, Julie Carmen, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you wish to serve on with a brief bio. The bio can include your education, experience, and interest in working with SIG AH. If you have any questions, you are encouraged to send them to the Julie too.
Develop your leadership skills by becoming more involved with this international professional organization by nominating a colleague or yourself for the positions listed. The Call for Nominations closes on 20, September 2021 at 11:59 PST and the election will take place on 27, September 2021. New committee members take office at the end of the Annual Meeting in October, 2021.