SIG News, September 2022
The following SIGs are currently electing officers for 2023. If you are a member of one of these SIGs and you did not receive a Survey Monkey ballot, please contact Pamela Yonker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SIG-ED: Deadline- September 22, 2022 at 11:45 PM EDT
- SIG-MET: Deadline- September 22, 2022 at 11:45 PM EDT
- SIG-AI: Deadline- September 23, 2022 at 11:45 PM EDT
We are preparing our fall newsletter and really would love to hear from our membership. We are looking for very short contributions to our Meet the SIG Members column. Please send a brief bio to our newsletter editor, Dr. Muhammad Tariq, at email@example.com with your information. This can be a summary of where you work and what you do there, your hobbies and interests, recent publications or awards you would like to share, or any projects you are working on. You can even share about your pets, your recent travels, that marathon you just successfully ran, or your new children or grandchildren. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
SIG-INFOLEARN is accepting nominations for the following positions:
- Chair-Elect: Serves for a term of one year and automatically becomes Chair at the end of that term. The Chair-elect works closely with the Chair in planning and executing SIG programs, and shall assume the duties of the Chair in the event of the Chair's absence, resignation, or removal.
- Secretary: Keeps records of all meetings and correspondence to members in iConnect and a shared Drive and assists in making logistical arrangements for SIG meetings and activities.
- Communications Officer: Communicates with members using the ASIS&T Community Site and website. Will evaluate the need for social media accounts and propose a communication plan.
- Awards Coordinator: Leads the research paper award program (with the Chair and Chair-Elect). Activities include soliciting nominations and facilitating the review and selection process. Collaborates with the Communications Officer to disseminate pertinent information.
All SIG officers will collaboratively develop a strategic plan to enhance the SIG's sustainability and purposeful engagement with the ASIS&T community.
Nominate yourself by emailing Kyle Jones, the Chair-Elect, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put "ILS SIG Nomination" in the subject line. Identify the position or positions you are interested in with a short description of a leadership vision for the position. All nominees must be ASIS&T members.
It is time to nominate for leadership positions in SIG-III for 2022-23.
SIG-III is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. It is one of the oldest Special Interest Group (SIG) in ASIS&T. It is also one of the largest and most active SIGs in ASIS&T, with over 600 members as of August 2022.
All the nominees should be current members of ASIS&T.
Open Positions: Chair-Elect, Co-chair Elect, Treasurer, InfoShare Chair, Newsletter Officer, Webmaster/Communication Officer, SIG Cabinet Representative, IPC Chair, Nominating Committee Chair, Nominating Committee Member, Research Wing Chair, Research Wing Officer, Advisor
Please see the full call for nominations here. All the nominees should be current members of ASIS&T.
All interested candidates should send (a) a short biography (up to 100 words), and (b) Why they are interested in the position and how they plan to contribute to SIG (up to 100 words). This information will be shared with all members of SIG-III to help them make a better-informed decision when voting for the leadership positions.
A candidate cannot run for more than two positions. Candidates applying for two positions should provide separate statements of interest, and all nominated candidates should be made aware of the mentioned requirements.
Please email your nominations, including related materials, to Devendra Potnis, SIG-III Chair, at email@example.com by October 7, 2022.
It is time to elect our SIG-STI officers for 2022-2023. We are seeking candidates for the following position:
Chair-Elect: Serves for a term of one year and automatically becomes Chair at the end of that term. The Chair-elect works closely with the Chair in planning and executing ASIS&T-AP programs, and shall assume the duties of the Chair in the event of the Chair's absence, resignation or removal.
Please submit the name of your nomination and a brief bio (less than 250 words), if you are interested in being a part of creating the future of SIG-STI. By being an officer, you can also bring insights, experience, and knowledge to the SIG-STI members. You can nominate yourself or someone by emailing Dr. Meijun Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than October 20, 2022. All nominees must be ASIS&T members.