Purpose of the Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize a new ASIS&T member who has demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities in professional ASIS&T activities.
The nominee must meet the following qualifications:
- Nominees must have been an ASIS&T member in good standing for up to seven years (including years as a student member, if applicable), and be a current member at the time the award is made.
- Prior Cretsos Award winners, members of the Cretsos Award Jury, and the Chair of the Leadership Committee in the year that the award is given are not eligible.
- Nominations are not carried forward from prior years, but individuals may be re-nominated.
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Participation in ASIS&T annual meeting as organizer, moderator, speaker, discussant, etc.;
- Participation in programs and activities of SIGs, chapters and/or student chapters;
- Services on ASIS&T committees; and
- Recruitment of new ASIS&T members and/or retention of existing members.
Nominations must be submitted by 11:59 pm US Pacific Time on the deadline date.
Nominations must include:
- Name, title, affiliation, address, telephone number of nominee;
- Name, title, affiliation, address, telephone number of nominator;
- Nominating letter that details:
- Year the nominee joined ASIS&T;
- ASIS&T activities (SIG, chapter, and/or student chapter);
- Participation in chapter programs;
- Participation in chapter or SIG publications;
- Leadership of chapter/SIG projects;
- Service on ASIS&T committees; and
- Recruitment/retention (of members) activities;
- Up to three letters of support
- Up to two supporting documents.
Award winners shall be selected by a jury composed of ASIS&T members.
Criteria shall be weighted as follows:
- Participation in ASIS&T annual meeting as organizer, moderator, speaker, discussant, etc.; 20 points
- Participation in programs and activities of SIGs, chapters and/or student chapters; 50 pts.
- Services on ASIS&T committees; 15 pts. And
- Recruitment of new ASIS&T members and/or retention of existing members; 15 pts.
More than one awardee may be chosen in a given year.
Nature of the Award
The James M. Cretsos Leadership Award was established in 1992. The award is sponsored by the Association-at-Large and is administered by the Leadership Committee. The award shall consist of a plaque to be presented to the recipient by the Chair of the Leadership Committee at the ASIS&T Annual Meeting.
Presentation of the Award
The award shall be presented at the Awards Ceremony held during the ASIS&T Annual Meeting.
- Jury Appointment: March 15
- Submission Deadline: March 31
- Selection Deadline: May 15
[Approved by Board: 10/31/91] [revised 5/95][revised 5/96][revised 6/97][revised 5/12][revised 3/17][revised 11/17][revised 2/18]