Guidelines for Chapter Development/Special Projects Fund
The Chapter Development fund was established to provide chapters with a resource (1) for building, developing and strengthening the chapter above and beyond what could be accomplished with local resources and (2) to make possible projects which could not happen with local resources.
- Chapter Development Fund money should be used for projects which will result in a stronger chapter, e.g., by increased membership, publicity or exposure for the chapter, or through other means.
- The money should be used to supplement local resources and be used when local efforts are insufficient, not in place of local effort.
- The proposed budget should be carefully prepared and should be scrutinized as thoroughly as a chapter's (or ASIS&T 's) annual budgets.
- The request should be considered in light of the current budgetary resources of the requesting chapter.
- Chapter Development Fund money cannot be used to pay travel expenses or membership for ASIS&T members.
- Actual expenditures may not be authorized without proper receipts or invoices available to ASIS&T Headquarters.
Applications to the Chapter Development/Special Projects Fund can be submitted online and must be received by ASIS&T no later than May 1st for the succeeding Fiscal Year (July-June).