Welcome to ASIST.ORG. The provisions set forth below (the “Agreement”) state the terms and conditions that govern your use of this website and the materials thereon.
The Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T) maintains this website to provide information to the internet community. Such information may be subject to amendment and updating without notice. It is not intended to form the basis of any investment decision. Any financial projections given are illustrative only, none of the projections or assumptions should be taken as forecasts or promises on the part of ASIS&T nor should they be taken as implying any indication, assurance or guarantee that those assumptions are correct or exhaustive. The opinions expressed by others do not necessarily reflect those of ASIS&T.
2. NO WARRANTIES
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by ASIS&T and while we endeavor to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, ASIS&T takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
ASIS&T reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or remove information on this website at any time without any prior notice and without liability.
3. LINKS TO NON-ASIS&T RESOURCES
ASIS&T may provide links to third-party websites. Such external websites contain information posted by institutions or organizations independent of ASIS&T and are not in any manner under ASIS&T control. ASIS&T is not responsible for the contents and communications messages of any such external website. Furthermore, these links do not imply a referral to or endorsements of the linked entities or any of the goods or services they may provide; they are provided for convenience only. Your use of any information obtained from such external websites is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness.
4. DATA PROTECTION & PRIVACY
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
“Association for Information Science and Technology”, “ASIS&T,” the ASIS&T logo, and the URL www.asist.org are the trade names and trademarks of ASIS&T. The ASIS&T website and all material on this website, including the design and organization of the website and its contents, are copyrighted by ASIS&T unless otherwise indicated. Content may not be reproduced, disseminated, published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except as otherwise indicated or with the prior written permission of ASIS&T
All are on notice that any copyright or trademark notice or insignia within any article or item appearing on this Website or in any ASIS&T publication is a limitation on such permission, and full copyright and trademark rights to any such article or item are retained by the copyright/trademark owner.
Members of ASIS&T may download pages or other content for their own use on a single computer, consistent with the mission and purpose of the ASIS&T. However, no part of such content may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, disseminated, published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except as otherwise indicated or with the prior written permission of ASIS&T.
6. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT NOTIFICATION PROCESS
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized to act on the owner’s behalf to assert a claim of copyright infringement.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at this Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at this Site.
3. Identification of material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as the party’s name, address and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address, if available.
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the infringing copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed.
Such written notice should be sent to our copyright agent as follows:
DMCA Copyright Agent
8555 16th Street, Suite 850
Silver Spring, Maryland 20910, USA
The above address is intended only for notifications and any related correspondence regarding claims of copyright infringement on this website. Correspondence pertaining to other matters will not receive a response if sent to the above point of contact. Please note that any person who submits a false or fraudulent claim of copyright infringement may be subject to liability under U.S. copyright law.
If you believe your material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled, you may request that the material be replaced by submitting a counter-notification in writing that includes the following information
1. A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled:
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled:
4. The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the District of the District of Columbia, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided the original notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, ASIS&T uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1001 and 1030. Information also may be used for authorized law enforcement investigations. Except for the above purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer and mobile equipment (including without limitation smart phones, tablets, blackberries, other PDAs or technology not yet developed) and/or software does not disturb or interfere with the operation of the ASIS&T website. Any equipment or software causing interference will be immediately disconnected from the ASIS&T website and we will have the right to immediately terminate your access to the ASIS&T website. If any upgrade in or to our website requires changes in your equipment or software (including the operating system for your device), you must make these changes at your own expense. You understand, acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any damages, disturbances, interferences, or failures to your equipment or software under any circumstance.
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of our service, systems and networks including, without limitation: (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server, mobile network, or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with the service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” the service; (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, texts, tweets, instant messages, or any other communications to a computer or a wireless device, including promotions and/or advertising; or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail, mobile message, or posting.
Violations of any system, network, or security measures related to the ASIS&T website and our services may result in civil and/or criminal liability. We will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and will involve and cooperate with governmental agencies and law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
All submissions, requests for information, criticisms, or comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.