SIG/OIM (formerly MGT) provides a forum for information professionals who manage information resources for professional employees in academic, corporate, or government environments for the purposes of:
- increasing their effectiveness at one or more stages of the information process spectrum (creation through dissemination to the end user);
- and enhancing organizational and individual productivity through effective information resources management.
It provides a forum for study and discussion of:
- Human resources
- designing optimum training and professional development strategies for information professionals;
- confluence and integration of information technologies;
- Economics and finance
- cost-benefit analysis of information activities;
- economics of the unit and the enterprise.
E-mail Discussion List