Research Symposia – Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest should contain the following information:
- A proposal is submitted by at most four organizers, with one lead applicant among them. Organizers are not limited to ASIS&T members; however, at least one member of the proposing team must be an ASIS&T member. Proposals from areas underrepresented in the ASIS&T membership or Annual Meeting are welcome.
- Names, affiliations, and email addresses of all
- Prior experience in organizing research events (if any).
- Event summary
- What is the research topic/theme of the symposium and why is it important? (100 words )
- What are the aims and objectives of the research symposium? Ensure these are likely to facilitate strong research engagement. (100 words max.)
- Describe the intended programme of the research symposium (400 words ). Include:
- Who are the intended research symposium participants and why are you focusing on this group?
- What activities will the research symposium participants undertake and why are these activities important for facilitating research engagement?
- What are the anticipated outcomes and/or outputs of the research symposium?
- Possible outcomes/outputs could include: Publications, collaborations, grant applications, knowledge exchange, research agendas
- Explain how the research symposium will facilitate strong research engagement and value to ASIS&T (100 words max.)
- Explain how the research symposium will encourage equity, diversity and inclusion (100 words max.).
- Proposed Symposium Dates (must take place by end of December 2022)
All EOIs will be reviewed by the Research Engagement Committee based on the following criteria:
- Quality of proposed program,
- Value to ASIS&T,
- Feasibility of plan,
- Significance of topic/event, and
- Plans for equity, diversity and inclusion.
Please complete applications in Word format and email completed submissions to Rebekah Willson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair of the Research Engagement Committee.