Interdisciplinary Conference Travel Award
The SIG-USE Interdisciplinary Conference Travel Award was established in 2009, and provides financial support for members to attend non–LIS-specific conferences.
Three awards of $200.00 each are available.
The award application must include the application form (download) and a statement of 300 words that includes:
- Name of the conference to be attended, spelling out any acronyms.
- Conference dates and a URL if available.
- A description of the conference, including the general disciplinary/subject area and the significance of the conference.
- A description of activities in which the awardee will participate at the conference, such as presenting a paper or poster, moderating a panel, participating as a conference planner, etc.
- An indication of any prior attendance at this conference (for information only, not a judging criterion).
- A discussion of why attendance at this conference would benefit the applicant personally and SIG-USE in general.
NOTE: Judging will be by double-blind peer review. Preference is given to applicants are presenting or participating as moderators or in another function at the conference. Applicant must be a current member of SIG-USE at the time of application.
Please send all applications as an email attachment along with the application form (download) to the Award Jury Co-Chairs Sarah Barriage (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Xiaojun (Jenny) Yuan (email@example.com) by the deadline of Friday, May 31, 2019.
The SIG-USE Interdisciplinary Conference Travel Award was established in 2009, and provides financial support for members to attend non-LIS specific conferences. The award will be publicized in the Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science, the SIG USE listserv, web site, and SIG USE social media sites, and any chapter with which the winner is affiliated.