Call for Nominations- InfoShare Award 2023
The ASIS&T's Special Interest Group on International Information Issues (SIG-III) is sponsoring another group of deserving Information Professionals from developing countries for complimentary ASIS&T memberships (the financial burden of which would otherwise be prohibitive) for the year 2023.
We are soliciting nominations of candidates for the InfoShare Membership Award (2023).
Please include a one-page curriculum vitae and a one-page description of why this person is deserving of membership, including their willingness to promote ASIS&T within their networks and build relationships between ASIS&T and the national/regional organizations.
All curriculum vitae will be kept private, accessible only to SIG-III officers. Each membership award will be for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a second year if the new member proves to be a strong advocate for ASIS&T in their home country during the year.
Awardees will be asked to submit a report on their activities by next year's Annual Meeting, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Join SIG III and Infoshare and will work with the other committee members
- Attend at least 3 ASIS&T webinars of their interest in a business year (July 1st to June 30th)
- Promote ASSIS&T and SIG III in their social circle (Professionals/students). For instance, every month use at least one social media platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and/or professional listservs to
- (a) broadcast the SIG-III webpage (i.e., https://www.asist.org/sig/sigiii/),
- (b) encourage Library and Information Science professionals to join SIG-III, and (c) update your audience/followers with any new development related to ASIS&T and SIG-III. It is okay to repeat broadcasting the same information every month since it can still increase the visibility of SIG-III.
- Encourage professionals and students to get a membership and join SIG III (Submit the details of the professionals/students who joined ASIS&T on their recommendation)
- Sponsor lecture(s) on Library Science and Information Science topics (according to local needs) in their geographical area (city/province/country) on behalf of ASIS&T & SIG III. Awardees may plan webinars or on-site lectures and may request field experts to deliver a lecture, and after sharing the details and approval from the InfoShare Chair can announce the webinar/seminar by including ASIS&T & SIG III logos in the promotional stuff. InfoShare Chair may also join the webinar on behalf of ASIS&T & SIG III.
- Build a relationship between ASIS&T and the national/regional organizations.
- Conduct seminars at the local and/or national level (one at least) to highlight the role of ASIS&T and SIG III (Submit a detailed report along with pictures)
- Write a brief on their experience with ASIS&T and SIG III at the end of the ASIS&T business year and send this to the SIG III Newsletter Officer for publication in the newsletter.
- Join SIG III annual business meeting (physical or online)
- At the end of the business year, they are required to submit a detailed report to the InfoShare Chair about the above-mentioned activities. They also have to broadcast this report on at least one of their social media accounts.
Nominators can mentor the award recipients for the above activities.
Please note that as per the new policies, ASIS&T membership dues are optional for anybody who lives in a Tier-2 Developing Nation. If you are a resident of a Tier-2 Developing Nation and are still interested in applying for InfoShare Award, you are welcome to submit your application.
We look forward to welcoming new members to ASIS&T from across the globe, especially from countries that have never been ASIS&T members or have limited ASIS&T membership. Women, minorities, and candidates from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Send your nominations of deserving candidates to Dr. Muhammad Tariq at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting nominations is May 15th, 2023 & the announcement of successful candidates is June 30th, 2023.
To learn more, please click the link https://www.asist.org/sig/sigiii/sig-iii-awards/infoshare/