Governance Update, July 2023
The Board of Directors met on May 31 -June 2, 2023 at Simmons University in Boston Massachusetts, USA for Strategic Discussions and a Business Meeting. In attendance were Abebe Rorissa, PhD (President); Crystal Fulton, PhD (President-Elect); Naresh Agarwal, PhD (Past-President); Ina Fourie (Treasurer) Joan Bartlett, PhD; Maria Bonn, PhD; Tina Du, PhD; Lisa Hussey, PhD; Aylen Imeri, PhD; ; Lydia Middleton, MBA, CAE (Executive Director). Guest in attendance: Kimberly Granados, CAE (Deputy Executive Director)
The Board discussed the following issues:
The Board reviewed an approved an FY24 budget that projects an operating deficit of $133,000 which includes all strategic investment for the year.
- Potential future increased collaboration and partnership with iSchools and ALISE
- The future of ASIS&T meetings
- ASIS&T History and the Pioneers of Information Science Project
- ASIS&T's Role in Continuing Education
- Defining, Identifying, Attracting and Engaging Practitioners
The Board approved a Records Management Policy and Procedures document.
The consent agenda was approved. It consisted of:
- Minutes of January 2023 Meeting
- April 2023 Financial Statements
- April 2023 Membership Report
- Committee Reports
- Publisher’s Report
Next Board Meeting
The next meeting of the Board will be held as follows:
Monday, August 14, 2023
4:00 - 6:00 pm eastern
Meeting ID: 875 5155 5994
All members are welcome to attend as observers without voice or vote.