The ASIS&T SIG in Organizational Information Management provides a forum for information professionals who manage information resources for professional employees in academic, corporate, or government environments.
About Our SIG
SIG/OIM (formerly MGT) provides a forum for information professionals who manage information resources for professional employees in academic, corporate, or government environments for the purposes of:
- increasing their effectiveness at one or more stages of the information process spectrum (creation through dissemination to the end user);
- and enhancing organizational and individual productivity through effective information resources management.
It provides a forum for study and discussion of:
- Human resources
- designing optimum training and professional development strategies for information professionals;
- confluence and integration of information technologies;
- Economics and finance
- cost-benefit analysis of information activities;
- economics of the unit and the enterprise.
Overview The ASIS&T Information and Learning Sciences SIG invites students, emerging, and established scholars to participate in the SIG’s first ever paper competition. The SIG provides these awards to support scholarship and practice, encourage participation, and bring new perspectives and voices to the SIG. Three awards (described below) are available for different types of papers.…