NEASIS&T Annual Meeting Travel Award
2015 Information Science with Impact: Research in and for the Community
(Deadline: Friday, May 29, 2015)
ABOUT THE AWARDS: PROFESSIONAL AND STUDENT The Association for Information Science & Technology, New England Chapter (NEASIS&T) is pleased to announce the availability of two awards of up to $1,000 each to reimburse expenses for attendance at the ASIS&T Annual Meeting (November 6-10 , St. Louis, Missouri). With this year’s emphasis on research designed to impact communities, we are excited to announce an award for professionals, alongside our traditional student award.
The awards will fund a year-long membership to ASIS&T and conference registration at the member rate, and will offset some travel costs. Membership benefits with ASIS&T include:
* Discounted annual meeting conference registration
* Year subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
* Free webinars and discounts on other publications
* Membership in our New England regional chapter
- Hands on training with technology
- Build professional skills (project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
Supporting scholarship and bridge research with practice, bringing in new voices to the chapter.
Each applicant must submit a cover letter and 2 short essays to email@example.com by Friday, May 29th. The winner will be notified by Monday, June 15th, 2015. The subject line should read “Annual Meeting Travel Award Application 2015.”
Applicants must be a current graduate student or practitioner in the field of information science at the time of their application. We define information science broadly: may be a librarian, archivist, data/knowledge manager, information architect, web developer, etc.
* Coversheet including
- Applicant’s name
- Phone number
- Identify as student or professional
- School or work affiliation and department
* Short Essay response
- How will attending the Annual Meeting inform your current or future professional practice? (150 words)
- In five years, how do you hope your work in information science will have had a positive impact on your community? Reference the impact categories from the ASIS&T Annual Meeting call for proposals: https://www.asist.org/events/annual-meeting/annual-meeting-2015/2015-annual-meeting-call-for-papers/. (500 words for students and 750 words for professionals)
TERMS OF THE AWARD
Each award winner will be welcomed into our New England regional chapter.
Winners will give back to the chapter with the following participation:
* Meet with a NEASIS&T representative at the conference
* Share your conference experience with the NEASIS&T chapter
* Participate in a NEASIS&T Meet-up based on the winners’ interests
* Review award applications for the following year
* Submit receipts substantiating travel and conference related expenses, such as costs for registration, airfare, food, and lodging
*If a winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NEASIS&T should be notified immediately.
Questions? Contact Rosalind Bucy at (617) 879-2398, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pass this message along to anyone who may be interested.