Students! Apply for the SIG ED Travel Award!
It’s still awards nomination season here at ASIS&T! Here is an opportunity for all of you students out to win an award that will help pay for you to #meetasistinstlouis, courtesy of the Education for Information Science Special Interest Group (SIG ED)!
Details about the award, as provided by SIG ED, follow:
Please do not miss your opportunity to apply for the 2015 SIG ED Student Travel Award of $500 to assist a student in a Master’s or doctoral program in attending the 2015 ASIS&T Annual Meeting in Saint Louis.
- Applicants must be ASIS&T members at the time of application with preference given to those who are SIG ED members. (If you are an ASIS&T member, you can join SIG ED for free by updating your profile when you log in to ASIS&T.)
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate (doctoral or Master’s) program.
- Applicants may not have previously won the SIG ED graduate student travel award.
- Applicants for the 2015 Travel Award should submit the following items, by email, to the SIG ED Award Jury at email@example.com by the deadline of July 15, 2015.
- Applications should include:
- A cover letter including name, address, phone number, email address, academic affiliation. The cover letter should identify the attached statements as being submitted specifically for this award.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A 300-word statement on why Annual Meeting attendance will benefit the student in his/her pursuit of a future career.
The deadline for the 2015 Travel Award application is July 15, 2015.
For more information, please visit https://asistsiged.wordpress.com/student-travel-award/