Share your feedback on the draft ASIS&T Strategic Plan!
I am very pleased to share with you this draft ASIS&T Strategic Plan: http://bit.ly/1MprSoL.
The Strategic Planning Taskforce developed this draft Strategic Plan based on extensive input collected from members and non-members, analysis of data reports, and collaboration with the ASIS&T Board. You can read the full findings report, ASIS&T Strategic Planning Report: Key Findings and Strategic Directions at http://bit.ly/1QlwFJb.
The draft Strategic Plan, available at http://bit.ly/1MprSoL, provides goals and objectives for five strategic directions:
3) Publications/Communications/Social Media
5) Institutional Knowledge
We want to hear from you! Our goal is to spark discussion and get your input on this draft Strategic Plan. The plan will be revised based on member feedback so your voice is very important.
How can you participate in this process?
- We are holding several virtual town hall sessions the week of September 28th, 2015 to solicit member feedback on the draft Strategic Plan. Please save these dates/times and we hope you will be able to attend one of the sessions (the town halls will all be the same so you only need to attend one):
- 9/29 (Tues) at 4-5pm Pacific (7-8pm Eastern)
- 10/1 (Thurs) at 8-9am Pacific (11am-12pm Eastern)
- 10/1 (Thurs) at 12-1pm Pacific (3-4pm Eastern)
We will be sending out more information soon about how to attend these virtual sessions (check the ASIS&T website too: https://www.asist.org/about/strategic-plan/).
- You can also send your thoughts about the draft Strategic Plan electronically. You can email us at email@example.com, tweet to us @asist_org, post on our Facebook page, post on our LinkedIn group, or simply comment on this post.
Please make sure to share your feedback on the draft Strategic Plan no later than October 9th, 2015. We need time to revise the Strategic Plan to address your feedback, so the revised Strategic Plan can be presented to the ASIS&T Board of Directors at the 2015 Annual Meeting for adoption. An important reminder – this Strategic Plan will be a living document, which will be reviewed and revised regularly by the ASIS&T Board of Directors.
Once again, I would like to thank the Strategic Planning Task Force Members for their great work! They have been working tirelessly on this ambitious initiative. Chaired by Michael Leach, the taskforce members include Naresh Agarwal, Shanju Chang, myself, Maric Kramer, and Heather Pfeiffer (listed alphabetically by last name).
And, thank you to all of you for your participation in this important strategic planning process. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the draft Strategic Plan as we continue to work together to create a shared future vision for ASIS&T.
Submitted by Sandy Hirsh, 2015 ASIS&T President