New Developing Nation Membership Categories
By vote of the Board of Directors, ASIS&T will provide reduced membership fees for all membership categories for countries whose GNI per capita as calculated by the World Bank (or GNP per capita as calculated by IMF for those countries not included in the World Bank data) is less than $25,000. (http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GNP.PCAP.CD)
Membership fees will be 30% of the normal membership fee for individuals, institutions and corporations in countries whose GNI per capita is between $24,999 and $15,000.
Membership fees will be 20% of the normal membership fee for individuals, institution and corporations in countries whose GNI per capita is $14,999 and below.
Membership benefits for individuals, institutions and corporations who qualify for reduced fees will have access to JASIST online through the Digital Library (not include a print copy).
Membership benefits for institutions and corporations who qualify for reduced fees will not include a $5 membership fee discount for employees.
- Free Webinars.
- Online access to Bulletin of the Association for Information Science and Technology.
- Online access to the Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIS&T).
- Access to ASIS&T’s Career Center where you can search and post job listings in the information science field;
- Participation in the ASIS&T Placement Service, which brings jobseekers and employers together at ASIS&T annual conferences.
- Access to the online membership directory.
- Membership in the local ASIS&T chapter (where one exists).
- Membership in as many Special Interest Groups as you wish.
- The right to vote and hold office in ASIS&T.
- Access to all ASIS&T group discount programs.
- Significantly reduced registration fees for ASIS&T conferences, summits and continuing education seminars.