Announcing the Travel Award for ASIS&T Annual 2018! Apply by April 1!
Application Deadline: Sunday, April 1
Notification of Award Winners: Monday, April 16
About the Awards: Professional/Practitioner and Student
The Association for Information Science & Technology, New England Chapter (NEASIS&T) is pleased to announce two awards to support participation in the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. Our goals are to support scholarship and connect research and practice, bringing new voices to the chapter. There is one student award and one practitioner award of $750 each. Each award will support your year-long membership in ASIS&T as well as your conference registration and part of your travel costs. What does that mean for you?
- As an ASIS&T member, you'll receive up to $750 for ASIS&T Annual.
- As a student non-member, you'll receive up to $710 for ASIS&T Annual; NEASIS&T will pay the $40 dues for your student ASIS&T membership.
- As a non-member new information professional, you'll receive up to $685 for ASIS&T Annual; NEASIS&T will pay the $65 dues for your transitional professional ASIS&T membership.
- As a non-member professional, you'll receive up to $610 for ASIS&T Annual; NEASIS&T will pay the $140 dues for your professional ASIST membership.
The ASIS&T Annual Meeting will take place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada from Saturday, November 10 – Wednesday, November 14, 2018 and will be focused “building an ethical and sustainable information future with emerging technology.” For more information, you can visit the annual meeting webpage. It is still 9 months out from the annual meeting, so the schedule has not been fixed yet.
Benefits of ASIS&T membership include:
- Membership in our New England regional chapter
- Mentorship and networking with experienced NEASIS&T members
- Opportunities to build professional skills (including project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
- Discounted conference registration for ASIS&T and NEASIS&T events
- Webinars and discounts on other publications
- A year’s subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
Eligibility & Applications
Applicants must be either current college or graduate students or practitioners in the field of information science at the time of their application and living and working in New England (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, or CT) or New York. We define information science broadly: librarians, archivists, data/knowledge managers, information architects, web developers, etc., are all encouraged to apply. Applicants do not need to be current NEASIS&T members. However, award winners are expected to participate (in person or remotely) in NEASIS&T programming committee meetings in 2018-19.
Here is the application link: https://goo.gl/forms/h5bPn9nJjO6RlfO93
Terms of Awards
Each award winner will be welcomed into our New England regional chapter by participating in events in person or remotely. As a travel award winner, you will:
- Meet with a NEASIS&T representative at the conference
- Share your conference experience with the NEASIS&T chapter via a blog post due December 1st, 2018.
- Participate in a NEASIS&T meet-up based on the winners’ professional interests
- Review award applications for the 2019 Travel Awards
- Submit receipts documenting travel- and conference-related expenses, such as registration, airfare, food, and lodging, up to the value of the award
*If a winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NEASIS&T should be notified immediately.
Questions? Contact Catherine Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org