2019 Social Informatics Best Paper Awards – Call for Nominations
The ASIS&T Special Interest Group for Social Informatics (SIG SI) is issuing a call for nominations for the 2019 Annual Social Informatics Best Paper Awards, with nominations due by July 10. Self-nominations are welcome and the nomination process is quite short, as detailed below. Winners are also invited to present their work during SIG SI’s Research Symposium at ASIS&T 2019 in Melbourne.
We seek nominations for the following two awards:
- Best SI Paper: For a paper published in a peer-reviewed journal on a topic informed by social informatics during the 2018 calendar year. The winning author(s) will receive a $1,000 (USD) cash award.
- Best SI Student Paper: For a paper published in either a peer-reviewed journal or in peer-reviewed conference proceedings during the 2018 calendar year, authored by a PhD or Master’s student on a topic informed by social informatics. The winning author(s) will receive a $500 (USD) cash award.
Winners of both awards will also be invited to present their papers at the Annual SIG SI Research Symposium at the 2019 Association for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Annual Meeting in Melbourne, Australia on Saturday October 19.
To nominate a paper for these awards, please send the following to Adam Worrall (email@example.com), SIG SI Awards Coordinator, by July 10, 2019, 11:59pm PDT (UTC-7):
- A full reference of the article being nominated, including the authors, title, and publication venue; also be sure to note any student authors
- A brief explanation of why you are nominating this article
- A digital copy of the article (PDF preferred)
Award winners will be notified by August 1, 2019, in time for ASIS&T 2019 Annual Meeting early bird registration (ends August 2). Good luck to all who apply!