ASIS&T Seeks Curator
ASIS&T has opened a search for the next ASIS&T Curator. This individual is responsible for monitoring the discovery, preservation, and accessibility of resources relating to the history of ASIS&T, both in the Association's possession and elsewhere, and for making recommendations as appropriate. This individual will work closely with ASIS&T staff, committees, chapters, and SIGs, and will assist in developing proposals for grants or other funding. This individual also will work to promote policy, best practices and documentation to preserve records pertaining to the Association and its committees, chapters, and SIGs, in concert with existing knowledge asset management policies and procedures. This is a volunteer position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ASIS&T Curator will:
- Provide assistance to the Executive Director and/or staff by recommending, facilitating, preserving, providing access to and interpreting materials of historical significance.
- Review and document existing ASIS&T asset repositories;
- Review non-archived historical assets and recommend assets for archiving;
- Assess the state of the ASIS&T archive and recommend options for continued archiving of ASIS&T archival materials;
- Report annually to the membership on the state of ASIS&T’s historical materials;
- Work with the History Committee to develop a written history of ASIS&T;
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the History Committee; and,
- Serve as the first point-of-contact for questions relating to ASIS&T history.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current ASIS&T membership and familiarity with ASIS&T through at least three years active membership
- Knowledge of and/or experience in curation and archives required
- Familiarity with historical work and Knowledge Management desirable
The Curator will be appointed by the Board of Directors for a three-year term.
View the full Job Description for more information.
Interested candidates should apply at the link below no later than August 31, 2020.