Application Deadline: Monday, April 11
Notification of Award Winners: End of April/Early May
2022 ASIS&T Annual Meeting: Saturday, October 29 – Tuesday, November 2, 2022, Pittsburgh, PA
Application: NEASIST 2022 Conference Support Award application
NEASIS&T Conference Support Award
The Northeast Chapter of ASIS&T is offering three conference support awards to support participation in the ASIS&T 2022 Annual Meeting. Two will go to a practitioner/professional working in the field of information science and one will go to a graduate student. Our goals are to support scholarship and connect research and practice, bringing new voices to the chapter. Each award will support your year-long membership in ASIS&T as well as your conference registration for the 2022 ASIS&T Annual Meeting; enrollment fees for pre/post-meeting workshops and tutorials may also be covered in whole, or in part, up to the award limit. The award will come in the form of a reimbursement with submission of receipts after the conclusion of the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. There is a reimbursement limit of $850 for each award.
The Annual Meeting will be focused on the theme of “Crisis, Transition, Resilience: Re-Imagining an Information-Resilient Society”. For more information, you can visit the annual meeting webpage.
Benefits of ASIS&T membership include:
- Membership in our Northeast regional chapter
- Mentorship and networking with experienced NEASIS&T members
- Opportunities to build professional skills (including project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
- Discounted conference registration for ASIS&T and NEASIS&T events
- Webinars (free to ASIS&T members!) and discounts on other publications
- A year’s subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
Eligibility & Applications
Applicants must be either current graduate students (current students in their last semester of their program are still eligible), practitioners or educators in the field of information science at the time of their application and living and/or working in Northeast region (ME, NH, NY, NJ, VT, MA, RI, or CT). We define information science broadly: librarians, archivists, data/knowledge managers, information architects, web developers, etc., are all encouraged to apply. Previous NEASIS&T travel award recipients are not eligible. Applicants do not need to be current NEASIS&T members. The awardees are also invited to join the NEASIS&T program committee, but there is no obligation to join. They are, however, expected to participate in some NEASIS&T activities in 2022-2023 (see Terms of Awards below.)
- Share your conference experience with the NEASIS&T chapter via a blog post due December 1, 2022.
- Share your conference experience at a NEASIS&T Annual Experience Report 2022 (held in November, virtually).
- Review award applications for the 2023 Awards. This is typically done online in a short meeting in Spring of the award year.
- Submit receipts documenting membership and conference registration expenses.
*If the winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NEASIS&T should be notified immediately.
**If the winner cannot attend the 2022 ASIS&T Annual Meeting, they will forfeit the entirety of the award.
Here is the application link:
Questions? Contact Jenny Yuan at email@example.com