Professional Development Opportunity: NEASIS&T Digital Media & Communications Director
The Northeast Chapter of the Association for Information Science and Technology (NEASIS&T) is looking for a new member to serve on the Executive Committee as the Digital Media & Communications Director.
Digital Media & Communications Director
The Digital Media & Communications Director should understand the procedures and mechanisms of using ASIS&T-owned/sanctioned communications channels with the assistance of headquarters. In this regard, the DM&C Director maintains access for chapter officers and committee members to organization list-servs, Google Docs, and other digital media resources. The DM&C Director also participates as a member of the NEASIS&T Executive Committee, which meets virtually, usually once a month.
The DM&C Director is also responsible for the chapter’s sub-site within the ASIS&T organization website (https://www.asist.org/chapters/neasist/). In this regard, the Director is expected to:
- Update the chapter’s sub-site, making changes as necessary and building new content
- Develop and publish content using content management systems such as WordPress
- Work closely with the Board to generate new content ideas and to identify opportunities to improve existing content and presentation strategies
- Update website content utilizing UX principles and web writing best practices
- Collaborate with content authors as needed, to provide quality assurance
- Work with ASIS&T staff as needed, for website maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades
- Establish content submission policies (includes submission scheduling)
Getting involved with NEASIS&T is a great way to connect with colleagues around the region who are interested in data management, privacy, and other evolving topics in information science. Email us at email@example.com if interested in this opportunity!