US Midwest ASIS&T members invited to apply for Annual Meeting award
The US Midwest Regional Chapter of ASIS&T invites US Midwest Regional Chapter members to apply for the Chapter's award of full registration fees for the ASIS&T Annual Meeting! The Chapter provides one award annually, in order to increase chapter representation at the Meeting and to support a member who might not otherwise find means to attend.
How It Works
- Award applications open: July 1
- Award applications due: July 15
- Award announced: July 31
- ASIS&T early registration ends: August 12
- Any member in good standing may apply. Your membership must remain valid through the duration of the 2022 Annual Meeting (October 28 - November 1, Pittsburgh, PA).
- The award application requests information on your activity as an ASIS&T member, previous ASIS&T Annual Meeting attendance, student or retiree status, and plans to present or serve on a workgroup at the ASIS&T Annual Meeting, as well as a brief essay (up to 3,000 characters). A committee of Midwest chapter members will judge applications. Students, retirees, those who are presenting or serving on a workgroup at the ASIS&T Annual Meeting, and those with regional or local chapter involvement will be given some preference in the scoring process.
- The Midwest Regional Chapter will award registration money directly to ASIS&T on behalf of the recipient.
- The recipient should be prepared to offer a short presentation to the Midwest Regional Chapter on the insights gained and information gathered at the Annual Meeting. This presentation will take place at a time and date negotiated by the recipient and the Midwest Regional Chapter board. The presentation should be available in an electronic format, for distribution to chapter ASIS&T members.