Call for Nominations: SIG-VIS (Visualization, Images & Sound) Officer Positions
SIG-VIS, the Special Interest Group for Visualization, Images, and Sound, is recruiting nominees for officer positions to serve for the 2022-2023 term. More information about the responsibilities of SIG officers can be found here: https://growthzonesitesprod.azureedge.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/946/Official-2021-22-SIG-Manual.pdf
SIG-VIS undertakes a number of activities throughout the year, including (1) publishing newsletters, (2) offering webinars, (3) organizing panels at the ASIS&T Annual Meeting, (4) presenting awards for high-quality research on visualizations, images, or sound, and (5) sharing relevant news and job opportunities with members. More information about SIG-VIS can be found here: https://www.asist.org/sig/sigvis/. SIGs are maintained by volunteers like you to build networks and strengthen our common cause in the broader community of ASIS&T.
Please nominate yourself or any Members whom you know are interested in joining the SIG-VIS leadership as an officer. The deadline for nominations is September 1, 2022. To nominate yourself or another member, please complete this online form: https://forms.gle/X99DhsixJjFeCnB67
Each person can be nominated for just one position.
Each elected officer will serve for one year. The officers attend a one-hour monthly meeting, respond to emails, and provide meaningful contributions to the SIG’s programs. If a position is not filled in the next election, then the incumbent is encouraged to remain in their role until a new officer is elected.
The available positions are:
- Chair (Plans and executes SIG programs, chairs committee meetings, works with Treasurer to manage budget and submit Annual Budget and Report)
- Chair-elect (Attends SIG leadership meetings and learns SIG procedures and policies from the Chair. The Chair-elect takes on the position of the Chair in the following year)
- Secretary (Supports the Chair's activities, responsible for keeping meeting minutes and submitting them to the committee at each meeting)
- Treasurer (Maintains awareness of all ASIS&T policies regarding SIG finances and expenses, receive quarterly financial statements, and cooperates with the Chair to submit the Annual Budget and Annual Report)
- Communication officer (Is responsible for managing SIG social media accounts and promoting SIG activities, events, award, and newsletter publications)
- Webmaster (Manages SIG-VIS websites and coordinates communications with Communication officer)