ARIST Call for Submissions, January 2023
The Annual Review of Information Science and Technology (ARIST) publishes comprehensive and systematic reviews on topics relevant to information science, computing science, and technology, broadly defined. An ideal ARIST manuscript presents both an historic overview and a discussion of contemporary trends related to the topic being investigated.
ARIST welcomes Expressions of Interest for authors to prepare manuscripts of two types:
- Updated reviews on topics published previously by ARIST (1966-2011) where recent research demonstrates ongoing or renewed relevance for ARIST's readership; and,
- New and emerging research topics of potential interest to ARIST's readership, such as:
- The rise of "big data" and machine learning
- Social media platforms and social change (e.g., #metoo; #blacklivesmatter)
- Misinformation and disinformation
- Implications of COVID-19 on health information seeking
- Youth engagement with social media platforms (e.g., Tik Tok)
Authors should consider how their review of others' published works advances our empirical, contextual, conceptual, cultural, computational, sociological, political, and ontological understandings of information and technology. Submissions should cover the core, relevant research on the topic from within the central discipline of study and (where appropriate) across disciplines.
Submitting your Expression of Interest
Authors should review the Author Guidelines. ARIST encourages co-authorship, including teams of senior and early-career scholars, with authors from diverse backgrounds.
Manuscript submission to ARIST involves a two-step process:
- Author(s) must submit an initial Expression of Interest via the ScholarOne portal.
You will be asked to provide a number of details, including:
-Topic Proposal (200-250 words) describing the topic, significance, scope, and timeframe of the topic
-Names of two potential reviewers for the manuscript
-Explanation (25-50 words) of why the review is relevant and timely for ARIST publication
-Proposed Submission Deadline for your full review manuscript
- Authors of approved Expression of Interest proposals will be invited to write a full manuscript of 10,000-15,000 words to submit for peer review.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Annual Review of Information Science and Technology
The Association for Information Science & Technology