Call Nominations: ASIS&T Board of Directors 2023
The Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the positions of President-Elect (1) and Directors-at-Large (2) on its Board of Directors.
Service on the Board of Directors of ASIS&T is a rare opportunity to help drive the decisions of our highly respected global association and shape the future of information science and technology. The opportunity to work with other leaders in ASIS&T allows you to be on the cutting edge of the profession and to be part of the decision-making process on the international level, helping to drive the strategic goals of the organization. This is an exciting time to join the leadership of ASIS&T and help us map our ambitious future. Board service is a chance to grow personally and professionally, to develop skills, gain unique experience and make lasting connections with a team of other passionate and motivated professionals. ASIS&T has a dedicated staff in the Washington, DC area, who make the Board’s job as fulfilling as possible. They take care of managing ASIS&T day-to-day activities, enabling the Board to focus on matters of strategic importance—working to improve the programs and services that we offer to our members.
Board service also provides these unique opportunities:
- Expand your network of professional contacts
- Gain recognition from your employer, community, and peers
While all nominations are welcome, the Board would be best served by individuals with some of the following experience and competencies:
- academic/industry/practice experience;
- program management and administration;
- budget and financial management;
- consulting experience; and/or
- global growth and development.
The ASIS&T President-Elect serves on the Board for a total of three years (one as President-Elect, one as President, and one as Past President). The term of office for Director-at-Large is three years with the possibility of re-election for a second term. One Director-at-Large will serve concurrently on the Chapter Assembly and one Director-at-Large will serve concurrently on the SIG Cabinet.
Candidates must meet a professional standard of excellence by demonstrating the following:
- Be willing to accept a leadership role in the future of our international professional organization
- Hold active Professional, Student or Retired membership in ASIS&T and have been dues-paying members in good standing for at least five of the last ten years prior to nomination for President-Elect, and three years for Director-at-Large
- Have time to dedicate to fulfilling the position responsibilities (See FAQ Page for information on the time commitment)
- Have the support of their employer to dedicate time to their responsibilities
- Have the ability to travel to two face-to-face meetings per year.
Help lead your national association and profession into the future by nominating a colleague or yourself for the positions of President-Elect or Director-at-Large. The Call for Nominations closes on 5 May, 2023 at 11:59 PST and the election will take place in mid-May of 2023. New board members take office at the end of the Annual Meeting in October, 2023 in London, UK.
The ASIS&T community is committed to the values of diversity and inclusion, which we believe support our efforts to achieve and sustain excellence in the information science and technology field. We believe that we can best promote excellence by engaging diverse group members and other stakeholders and providing opportunities at all levels of engagement for any individual or group that shares these values. ASIS&T leaders, volunteers, and staff will strive to keep diversity and inclusion at the forefront of all program planning and development efforts in order to ensure the most welcoming and engaging environment possible for our stakeholders.