Please forward to interested students.
- Are you a student (Bachelor, Master or Doctoral) of Information Science or a related field, based in Europe?
- Do you want to expand your network, and gain experience for your CV and development plans?
- Read on! Thanks to an anonymous donor we can give away up to 11 free annual student memberships for ASIS&T (the Association for Information Science and Technology https://www.asist.org/). Submit your application by 31 May 2023. The only additional condition for application is that you must not be, nor have been, an ASIS&T member.
What you receive
This sponsorship is via the ASIS&T European Chapter. If you are the happy recipient of one of these memberships, you get all the ASIS&T member benefits PLUS you will get all the advantages of belonging to the ASIS&T European Chapter and European Student Chapter. Namely:
- You get access to member-only events such as the “Coffee with the author” seminars These are normally free and online, so you can join in wherever you are based, with the chance to engage with international experts in the field. In the European Chapter we always aim to be friendly and inclusive, and these are a chance to find out about the field and make new friends.
- You have your own Student Chapter, led by its enthusiastic and friendly committee, with an opportunity to have a say in what activities take place.
- Discover like-minded young researchers in your area of study.
What we will ask of you
All we ask in exchange is a small contribution to the life of the Chapter during the year. There are a range of ways to contribute, and you can choose which you prefer, for example:
- A short report e.g. on a conference or a publication – for the Chapter newsletter
- Assisting in organising a Chapter event
- Talking about your studies or research, together with other students, in a webinar
- Development of your leadership skills through participation at Chapter meetings
- Developing ideas for events and activities to help promote the Chapter
How you apply
Fill in this form by 31 May 2023: https://forms.gle/zFCfnqsJS6vYNFqJ6 – as you will see it is very short! On 1 June we will make a random selection of applicants and then notify you as to whether you have been successful.