Congratulations to the winners of our membership awards!
Professional Membership Awardees
Ferkan Kaplanseren, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
Volkan Hancı, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
Amir Reza Asnafi, Shahid Beheshti University, Iran
Azam Sanatjoo, Ferdowsi University Of Mashhad, Iran
Leila Nemati Anaraki, Iran University, Iran
Tuncay Kume, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
Maliheh Dorkhosh, University of Tehran, Iran
Early Career Awardees
Pegah Tajer, Azad University, Iran
Wafi Bedewi, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
Ahmet Ayaz, Karadeniz Technical University, Turkey
Eda Cevik, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
Hande Bilgehan, Ege University, Turkey
Mohammad Reza Niazmand, University of Tehran , Iran
Roya Moradi, Shiraz University, Iran
Serkan Alıcı, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
Yasin Sesen, Ankara University, Turkey
Zeinab Safavi, General Department of Resources of the Public Libraries of Iran, Iran
2022 ASIS&T ME Chapter Call for Free Membership Award Nominations
The ASIS&T's ME Chapter seeks to award complementary ASIS&T membership to applicants from across the ME region, especially those in developing countries for whom membership costs can be prohibitive.
We are soliciting nominations of candidates for this ME Chapter Membership Award (2022-2023).
Nominators (including self nominators) should submit a short curriculum vitae of the nominees and a cover letter supporting their case, including the willingness of nominees to participate in ME chapter's projects, to promote ASIS&T within their networks ,and build relationships between ASIS&T and their national/regional organizations. Application documents will remain undisclosed except to ME officers. The award is only open to individuals who are not currently ASIS&T members and have not been members for the past 3 years.
Each membership award will be for one year but can be submitted for following years.
Responsibilities for Membership Awardees:
Join the chapter
(1) Attend 1 or more ASIS&T webinars of their interest in a business year (July 1st to June 30th)
(2) Attend online and/or other relevant meetings for awardees arranged by ME Officers
(3) Promote ASIS&T/ASIS&T ME by regular social media posts and/or professional listserv messages on their academic, social and/or professional groups, posts that:
(b) encourage fellow Library and Information Science professionals outside ASIS&T to join ASIS&T and the ME chapter, and those within ASIS&T to also join the ME Chapter (members can join additional chapters without additional cost) noting members joining upon their recommendation in their annual report
(4) Building relationships between ASIS&T and the national/regional organizations.
(5) Sponsoring lecture(s) (on-site or webinars) on Library Science and Information Science topics (according to local needs) in their geographical area (city/province/country) on behalf of ASIS&T & the ME Chapter (using relevant promotional material to be provided by ASIS&T headquarters) upon first seeking approval from the ME Chair. Any such lectures would typically also be announced on the ME website and should be open to all
(6) Submit a brief article on their experience of the above at the close of their membership year (June 2023) for the ME Chapter Newsletter.
Note that while ASIS&T membership fees are waived for Tier-2 Developing Nations, we still encourage nominations from the respective nations as it would be a means to take an active role in a burgeoning academic community through engaging in the above activities with regional and international peers and mentors.
We look forward to welcoming new members to ASIS&T from the ME region, especially from students and early career academics/professionals, and from those in countries yet to participate in ASIS&T. Women, minorities, and underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please send nominations addressed to the ME Communications Officer, Cem Bolen at email@example.com
The deadline for nominations is June 20 th, 2022 (Updated!).
Sachi Arafat (Chair, ME Chapter)
Cem Bolen (Communications Officer)