Student Membership Information
What does ASIS&T do?
The Association for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T) bridges the gap between information science practice and research—the only professional association that does so. It leads the search/research for new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information.
What does a membership in the student chapter mean for you?
- Meet new people (or join familiar ones) who are also interested in the intersection of information-science and technology
- Learn about the research being done by SIS students and faculty and those outside of SIS too
- Become part of a team that seeks to grow the chapter
- Get to know faculty members outside of the classroom
- It’s free (there is no fee to be in the student chapter)
What does a membership in ASIS&T international mean for you?
- A mere $45/year (you can still be in the student chapter without paying this annual membership)
- Career development and leadership opportunities through student and regional chapters
- Connection to practitioners, researchers, students, and organizations from throughout the field through special interest groups (SIG) and at annual events.
- Subscription to peer reviewed JASIS&T (Journal of ASIS&T)
- Professional education through webinars
- Opportunities to network through the ASIS&T Community
- Job postings
To register for an ASIS&T International Student Membership go to ASIS&T Membership Website