Why Join ASIS&T?
What’s in it for you?
ASIS&T membership has tangible benefits for information science and technology practitioners, researchers, academics, and students. But an ASIS&T membership is more than that. It’s an opportunity to increase your influence in fields related to information science and technology. It’s a place where you can share ideas and promote informed policy on national and international information issues. It’s a way to become part of an international network of diverse members working in every discipline—from computer science and librarianship to engineering and healthcare. The world of information science moves quickly. We want to make sure you’re along for the ride!
No matter your interest, there’s something here for you
Practitioners. Calling all archivists, librarians, database managers, content managers, information architects, data analysts, and industry professionals. Being a member of ASIS&T connects you (or keeps you connected) to other information and data science professionals. Connect with us and we’ll help you stay on top of the latest research and trends by providing you with ongoing opportunities to network and learn.
Researchers & Academics. Being a member of ASIS&T connects you to others engaged in both the research and practice of information science. Plus, your membership will provide you with opportunities to publish, be a leader in the field, and give you ongoing career development opportunities.
Students. As you’re gearing up for a career in information science, it’s important for you to connect with top academics and professionals in the field. Access to ASIS&T members will give you vital networking opportunities and a place to learn about trends and new ideas. Plus, you’ll get opportunities to publish!
A Quick Snapshot of ASIS&T Membership Benefits
- Becoming part of a prestigious organization where you will join a growing community of innovative information science pioneers with a rich history
- Engaging and thought-provoking meetings with discounted rates for members
- Free webinars presented by global thought leaders in information science and its many sub-disciplines
- Virtual and in-person networking through ASIS&T’s innovative community platform as well as national, regional, and local meetings of chapters and Special Interest Groups for specific areas of interest
- Chapters for students to get involved while still in school
- Access to Career Resources, with information on career opportunities, resources, education requirements, job descriptions, and openings
- Access to the Digital Library, including the top-ranked information science journal, JASIST, the Annual Meeting Proceedings, Inside ASIS&T, plus our online bookstore with discounts for members.
Members have exclusive access to our Digital Library where it’s easy to view and search all of our industry-leading publications (including past issues) in one place online. These include:
- The Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST) — the top-ranked, scholarly journal devoted to the fields of documentation and information science and serving as a forum for discussion and experimentation
- Annual Meeting Proceedings — conference proceedings from past ASIS&T Annual Meetings
Past issues of the Bulletin — a news magazine packed with developments and issues affecting the field, pragmatic management reports, opinion, and news
- Inside ASIS&T — a member-only newsletter providing up-to-the-minute news about ASIS&T programs and services, member profiles, upcoming events, and news from the field.
- The Bulletin — Now retired, The Bulletin served for years as ASIS&T's practitioner-facing newsletter.
Find Your People
ASIS&T has many regional and student chapters, plus a variety of special interest groups that meet in person as well as online. Get involved and tailor your membership experience to your interests.