2021 Annual Meeting News
INFORMATION: EQUITY, DIVERSITY, INCLUSION, JUSTICE, AND RELEVANCE
The 84th Annual Meeting will be held October 30-November 2, 2021, in Salt Lake City, UT. Please take a minute to review the website and see all of the amazing things you will be able to see and do in Salt Lake City. Watch the website for regular updates.
For 84 years, ASIS&T researchers and practitioners, along with those from related fields, have been pushing advancements in information understanding, technology, and use, making substantial progress and contributions. However, the nirvana hinted at by Vannevar Bush with the sum total of human knowledge at our fingertips is not so blissful. With the advantages, we also see hate speech, rumors, conspiracy theories, cyberbullying, AI systems turned racist, fake news, click fraud, adversarial IR, privacy concerns -- the list goes on. What happened? As the premier international conference dedicated to the study of information, people, and technology in contemporary society, the ASIS&T Annual Meeting is a forum to assist in addressing these issues as we continue to push forward the positive contributions of information and technology.
- Conference Chair: Jim Jansen, QCRI, Quatar
- Paper Co-Chairs: Annie Chen, University of Washington, USA, and Lu Xiao, Syracuse University, USA
- Panel & Alternative Events Co-Chairs: Jiangen He, University of Tennessee, USA, and Wen Lou, East China Normal University, China
- Poster Co-Chairs: Md. Anwarul Islam, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, and Tingting Jiang, Wuhan University, China
- Doctoral Colloquium Co-Chairs: Pnina Fichman, Indiana University, USA, and Howard Rosenbaum, Indiana University, USA
- Industry Series Co-Chairs: Sandra Hirsh, San José State University, USA, and Don Turnbull, Aqua M&A, USA
- Conference Chair Assistants: Aaron Bowen-Ziecheck, McGill University, Canada, and Han Zheng, Nanyang Technology University, Singapore
- Communications Co-Chairs: Lisa Hussey, Simmons University, USA, and Brenton Stewart, Louisiana State University, USA
AM 2021 Call for Proposals
We invite original submissions to the ASIS&T Annual Meeting that will shed light on any aspect of information production, organization, discovery, analysis, storage, representation, retrieval, visualization, manipulation, dissemination, use, evaluation, management and consumption. With a long tradition spanning more than 80 years, the ASIS&T community draws from and contributes to a wide variety of methods, theories, and approaches and we encourage authors to employ the best approach to address their information centric research questions.
Submissions that emphasize how the place, time and the way in which information is delivered can galvanize or disenfranchise communities are particularly encouraged. Submissions can take the form of a paper, panel, workshop or poster and this year we will introduce an alternative event category.
Join a cadre of scholars and professionals from around the globe to share research, innovations, and insights regarding the impact of information science and technology on individuals, groups, organizations, governments, and societies throughout the world.
Submission of workshop proposals due: 19 April 2021
Notification regarding submitted workshops: 30 April 2021
Submission of paper proposals due: 19 April 2021
Notification regarding submitted papers: 24 May 2021
Camera-ready accepted paper abstracts due: 7 June 2021
Panels and Alternative Events
Submission of panel and alternative event proposals due: 19 April 2021
Notifications regarding submitted panels and alternative events: 24 May 2021
Camera-ready accepted panel and alternative event abstracts due: 7 June 2021
Submission of poster proposals due: 9 June 2021
Notifications regarding submitted posters: 7 July 2021
Camera-ready accepted poster abstracts due: 28 July 2021
Proposal submissions due: 16 June 2021
Notifications regarding submitted proposals: 30 July 2021