Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 30
Notification of Award Winners: Monday, July 19
The New England Chapter of ASIS&T is excited to announce we are in the process of transitioning into a new regional chapter — Northeast ASIS&T Regional Chapter, which encompasses New York, New Jersey, as well as states in New England. As a result, we are increasing the number of conference support awards to three to support participation in the ASIS&T 2021 Annual Meeting. Our goals are to support scholarship and connect research and practice, bringing new voices to the chapter. Each award will support your year-long membership in ASIS&T as well as your conference registration for the 2021 ASIS&T Annual Meeting; enrollment fees for pre/post-meeting workshops and tutorials may also be covered in whole, or in part, up to the award limit. The award will come in the form of a reimbursement with submission of receipts after the conclusion of the ASIS&T Annual Meeting. There is a reimbursement limit of $800 for each award, which can be applied to either in-person or virtual attendance.
The Annual Meeting will be focused on the theme of “Information: Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Justice, and Relevance.” For more information, you can visit the annual meeting webpage.
Benefits of ASIS&T membership include:
- Membership in our Northeast regional chapter
- Mentorship and networking with experienced NEASIS&T members
- Opportunities to build professional skills (including project management, budgeting, marketing, etc.)
- Discounted conference registration for ASIS&T and NEASIS&T events
- Webinars (free to ASIS&T members!) and discounts on other publications
- A year’s subscription to the Journal of ASIS&T and the Bulletin
Eligibility & Applications
Applicants must be either current graduate students (current students in their last semester of their program are still eligible), practitioners or educators in the field of information science at the time of their application and living and/or working in Northeast region (ME, NH, NY, NJ, VT, MA, RI, or CT). We define information science broadly: librarians, archivists, data/knowledge managers, information architects, web developers, etc., are all encouraged to apply. Previous NEASIS&T travel award recipients are not eligible. Applicants do not need to be current NEASIS&T members. However, the award winner is expected to participate (in person or remotely) in some NEASIS&T programming activities in 2021-22 (see Terms of Awards below).
Here is the application link:
NEASIST 2021 Conference Support Award application
Terms of Awards
Each award winner will be welcomed into our Northeast regional chapter by participating in events in person or remotely. As a conference support award winner, you will:
- Participate in one other NEASIS&T meeting or (virtual) event between August, 2021 and October 30, 2021.
- Share your conference experience with the NEASIS&T chapter via a blog post due December 1, 2021.
- Share your conference experience at a NEASIS&T meeting (virtually) held between November 15, 2021 and January 31, 2022.
- Review award applications for the 2022 Awards. This is typically done online in a short meeting in Spring of the award year.
- Submit receipts documenting membership and conference registration expenses.
*If the winner is unable to meet all of the terms due to a relocation, NEASIS&T should be notified immediately.
**If the winner cannot attend the 2021 ASIS&T Annual Meeting, they will forfeit the entirety of the award.
Questions? Contact Louisa Choy at firstname.lastname@example.org